Friday, April 3, 2009

Birthday

Today was Casey's 2 month birthday. Normally, birthdays are celebrated with cake, candles, parties or other fun/good stuff. Poor guy, his birthday was spent in the pediatricians office. I suppose this was by design, since they mandate a 2 month checkup. Lets just say this wasnt the most pleasant doctors visit. First they needed to take his temperature. That sounds benign enough... until I saw the nurse with the thermometer and I realized thats not an oral thermometer! I aint no dummy, and at that point I did the math and figured out where that thing was going... Yikes. So, my next thought was, 'I wonder if the nurse used some KY or vaso..' oops, too late. Casey is laying down, face up and I have a hand on his chest, looking into his eyes. At penetration, he has this perplexed look on his face... He doesnt even need a vocabulary because his look said it all, "WTF was that!!!!???" I thought about trying to explain it to him, when a huge grin came across my face. Thank god he had that expression in reaction to what happened. I mean, what if he smiled, or gave a look of content... That would be bad. It appears Casey agrees with daddy.. EXIT ONLY.

The next step was the vaccine shots. Little guy was scheduled to take 4 of them, two on each thigh. The dr. suggested both mom and dad get close to comfort him. So we both hovered around his face, touching him, and holding him. Doc proceeded to rub some cleaning solvent on his leg, and he was gently crying. Then, she stuck him with the needle, and he WAILED. Poor little guy. I couldnt figure out if he was hurt, or pissed. Probably a combination of both. I guess its a good thing he doesnt have a vocabulary yet. Who knows what colorful phrases would have come out of his mouth at this point. Doc finished up with the shots, and it didnt take long at all for Casey to calm down. He was such a trooper! And the doc kept saying how we all did a good job; and I'm thinking, he's the one who got violated and stuck, why are you congratulating me and mom on a job well done?

I'll leave you with a quick exchange Pup and I shared tonight. I was holding Casey in my lap, and Pup was across the living room. It sounded like Casey farted, (but you can never be sure... is it gas or is it liquid/solid?) After all, that would determine the classification of the noise.
We proceeded to have to following conversation:
Pup: Did he fart?
PSW: I dont know.
Pup: Did it come out of his mouth?
PSW: (perplexed, WTF kind of question is that) No, it came out of his A$$
Pup: Well, there you go, it was a fart.
PSW: Dont be so sure.
Pup: Did you check?
PSW: Umm, no.
Pup: You dont know the difference?
PSW: Well, not without sticking a finger down his diaper.

On that note...

No comments:

Post a Comment