Monday, September 7, 2009

Like Father, Like Son

Well, from day one, there was no doubt that Casey was mine. When I first saw his head pop out, it was like I was looking in a mirror. Almost 40 yrs apart, lots of things have changed... Bouncers have improved, rug styles have changed, diaper technology has improved. But check out the photos, one cerca 1969-70, the other 2009!


PSW as a baby cerca 1970. Kinda reminds me of a restraint system that might be found in a mental institution. Hmm, maybe there are some things I dont know about my childhood... Note the color of the carpet.. I wonder if that color was chosen on purpose, if I spit up, or threw up, it likely would have matched the carpet color.

Casey as a baby in Sept, 2009. Much more colorful. I wonder how much money was spent on marketing, focus groups and psychiatrists over the last 40 yrs to come to the conclusion that blue with green accents is a great improvement over the mental institution bland of 1969. And about the carpets, light tan here, not gonna camouflage spit up, throw up or poop stains at all!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, no doubt Casey is your son! As for the mental institution bland...that would explain a lot! As for the light tan carpet, I think I have figured out how to get all the spit up stains so far. Luckily, no poop stains....yet.

    ReplyDelete