Sunday, February 28, 2010

Two views

We visited Nai-Nai and Ye-Ye this weekend. We were at the dining room table, having a nice family meal. As usual, Casey was the center of attention. But, this time, the attention wasn't necessarily good. Mommy finished feeding Casey his lunch, and the rest of us were eating a nice spread. Casey is strapped into his high chair, nibbling on some snacks, waiting for us. Suddenly, he starts grunting... we all watch him; his face is turning red.. We all know what this means. At this point, nothing is stopping him, he's grunting away, face is WAY red, HIS EYES ARE WATERING! We all stopped eating, and were just staring at him.
Thinking back on this, I can see it from both sides. From our side, we see a child taking a huge dump at the dinner table, right in the middle of a meal. From his perspective, it might look something like this. "You guys strapped me in the chair, it's not like I can get out, even if I wanted to. I'm done eating, but you guys make me stay here while you all eat. I gotta do my business... Its a natural thing to do. And you guys don't even have the decency to give me a little privacy. Rather, you all stop eating, stare at me and laugh out loud. That's kinda rude!"

No comments:

Post a Comment