Saturday, April 17, 2010

Pinball Wizard

Ever since I was a young boy
I've played the silver ball
From Soho down to Brighton
I must have played them all
But I ain't seen nothing like him
In any amusement hall
That deaf, dumb and blind kid
Sure plays a mean pinball..

He's a pinball wizard...

For those who didnt know me during my UCSB days, there are about 3 spots you could count on finding me. UCEN, Woodstocks Pizza or 7-11. What do these 3 places have in common??? They had the best pinball machines. All through the late '80s and early 90's you could check the high scorer list on machines in these locations, and there was a good chance you would see PSW scroll by pretty often. My first memories of pinball machines are from the boardwalk at Ocean City, Maryland. My parents used to take us down there during the summer. So yes, I've been playing pinball a long time. But Casey is taking it to the next level. First of all, he has a pinball machine in his living room... at his house. He will walk up to it throughout the day, and point to it. So, when his daddy comes home, we play. Casey stands on the Ottoman, and it gives him a perfect view of the action. He's learning to push the flipper button, and he can launch the ball via the plunger. Soon, we'll be seeing WXX dominating the high score list!

Hold on, lemme pose for a photo!
Daddy and Casey playin pinball!
I know you are following the ball, but baby, its hard to see the ball with your doggie in the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment