Saturday, July 9, 2011

Hang in there little buddy

Here is a quick shout-out to my little-little man. Daddy and Casey are in SD for a couple days, we left you behind with Mommy so you can get 'sleep-trained'. As I understand it, there is a technique to teaching babies how to sleep. Pardon my ignorance, but my understanding is rather limited. My interpretation of the technique is that you let the kid cry for a certain amount of time. I assume you stand outside his bedroom with a stopwatch, and earplugs? At predetermined intervals, you go in and see him, essentially to let them know that, 'yeah, I hear you, but... suck it up... and my old favorite.. it's for your own good'... Eventually, after X amount of intervals, the kid is supposed to tire of crying and goto sleep. Anyhow, if you want more details, or even an accurate description, goto the CIA website, and do a search for water-boarding-sleep training- torture.

Sydney, from the reports I am getting, you are like your Daddy. You have very little patience for crying babies. It appears you have chosen to just say f- it, and quit crying and instead goto sleep. Congrats little buddy. I sincerely hope you aren't suffering too much, and it really does hit in the heart when we hear you cry.

I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment