Sunday, June 23, 2013

A heartwarming display

The other evening, I took the boys on a bike riding adventure. At my suggestion, we decided to ride to the ice cream factory and get a treat. Of course, Casey has been on this particular adventure many times. But Sydney has never experienced a ride to the ice cream factory. Even before embarking on the ride, Casey announced that he wants 'pink ice cream'. This is rather rare, as he is normally all about chocolate ice cream. Sure enough, when we reach the counter, he seeks out 'pink ice cream'.. So, I order him a scoop of 'Cherries Jubilee'. Meanwhile, little Sydney isn't even tall enough to look over the counter to choose his flavor. So, I order a Snickers ice cream for him and I to share. About two/ three spoonfuls in, Sydney decides he doesn't really care for the ice cream I have to offer. Rather, he is interested in Casey's Cherries Jubilee. "Uh oh" I thought.. This is gonna get ugly... Instead, Casey offers up a spoonful, and leans over the table and SHARES with Sydney. Feeling I dodged a bullet, I quickly scooped up a heaping spoonful of my ice cream to get Sydney distracted from Casey's ice cream. Sydney took one look at my offering, and shook his head no... And pointed back at Casey. And Casey kept preparing spoonfuls for Sydney, and leaning over the table to feed him! Casey about alternated scoops... OK, maybe he quickened his pace a little, and tried a little 2 for 1, but the point is that he kept sharing his ice cream with his little brother, all the way down to the end. Witnessing this almost brought tears to my eyes. Kinda like watching a crack head volunteer to pass the pipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment