Monday, August 12, 2013

Mountain Climbing

Years ago, back in the '80's, my Daddy, my big bro Ed and I climbed Cowles Mountain. Fast forward 20+ years, and I decided to introduce MY boys to the climb. Since Da Wang boys are only 4.5 and 2.5 years old respectively, I didn't know if we were going to get anywhere near the top. (The hike to the top is 1.5 miles long and has an elevation change of about 950 feet.) Cousin Elena made the trek with us, and uncle Ed RAN up the mountain and met us in route. Da Boys did great! They both walked all the way to the summit. There was virtually no whining; the only times Sydney cried was when he fell and skinned his legs. There where a couple of pretty good scratches, some even drew a little blood, so I'd say a little crying was justified. As we neared the top of the mountain, I looked around. There were people of all shapes, sizes and ages... even a few dogs. But there sure weren't a lot of children as young as Casey and Sydney. I am so proud of my boys.

Ye-Ye, Phil and Ed cerca 1985


Cousins...


So much enthusiasm to start


Daddy and his boys


Casey and Elena


Nai-Nai and Ye-Ye's house as viewed (zoomed) from the top of the mountain


Casey


All smiles at the top!


Phil and Ed 2013


Group Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment