Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pay for Performance

I was recently informed that Sydney got paid... for pooping in Nai-Nai's house. A head scratcher to be certain. After a little investigating, I learned of a little background. Apparently, when Casey was young(er) Nai-Nai bribed paid him to poop in the toilet in her house. I have heard about various methods to potty train, this was not one of them. But hey, it makes sense. I'd gladly trade a couple of bucks for the need to clean up pee and poop from floors, carpets, beds, etc.. Small price to pay. Furthermore, Casey was only paid for his inaugural toilet poop. He, or his union rep didn't negotiate payments for any subsequent poops. Would those have been hardball negotiations? Would someone intentionally lay a huge stinky mess in the middle of the living room in order to improve their bargaining position?

Once Sydney learned there was money at stake, he camped on the toilet and grunted. He didn't necessarily NEED to poop, but properly motivated by cash money, he persevered and got the job done. Details of the payment plan have not been disclosed; did he get paid based on volume, length or number of nuggets?

What I do know is that I was shortchanged. I lived pooped in that very house for years, and I never once got paid for my efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment