Wednesday, February 25, 2015

So Sweet

Today, I wasn't feeling well and in bed taking an afternoon nap. Sydney was playing, and came into my room and asked for help. He wanted to play with his Legos, but the lego box was too heavy for him to carry. So I got out of bed, went downstairs and carried his lego box upstairs for him. 20 minutes later, he woke me up and asked if I could carry the box of matchbox cars upstairs for him. As I got downstairs, he was at the base of the stairs holding his wallet. He struggled to open it, and pulled out a wad of bills. He said, "Here Daddy, I'm going to give you some money's". I asked him why, and he said, "Because you helped me". He was about to hand me the stack, then he suddenly pulls it back and says, "That's too much".. He proceeds to thin out the stack, hands me four dollars and says, "Here's two money's". I counted out the four dollar bills one by one, and he takes one back and says, "There; that's two money's"...

Son, your gesture already made my day, I don't need your money...

No comments:

Post a Comment