Monday, March 16, 2015

Catch

Today marked a seminal moment in my life. In any Dad's life. A little background. Casey is in his second season of t-ball. He is on the Yank-me's Yankees; and I am the assistant coach. Our season is about three weeks old, but due to a variety of factors, we have only had a couple of practices. Until now, the focus has been on fielding ground balls and hitting (both off a tee and with a coach pitching to our players). Well, today instead of rolling the ball to Casey and having him field it, I started throwing the ball to him... And he was catching the ball and throwing it back to me... WE WERE PLAYING CATCH. I was playing catch with my son for the first time!

There is just something about Dad and son playing catch. And today is the first time I ever got to experience it as a Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment