Friday, June 5, 2015

Scratches

Earlier this week, I had a wonderful night. It was bedtime, and Sydney asked me to lay with him for a little while. He has this not-so-subtle habit of lifting his shirt. That's his way of asking for scratches. It starts out as back scratches, but he will bend and turn and rotate to get his belly scratched, his sides scratches, pretty much every inch of his body scratched. As I laid beside him, he lifted his shirt... I started scratching, and then lightly rubbing his back. He showed his appreciation by shining a BRIGHT blue laser light in my eyes. Soon, I realized the laser wasn't moving.. neither was he. He fell asleep while getting his scratches and rubs. I took the laser from his hand, and watched my little content Sydney sleep peacefully for a few moments before exiting his room. I don't know who enjoyed it more, Sydney or Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment