Thursday, April 14, 2016

Window Into His Soul

The other night, Sydney and I decided to play Sorry. (The Board Game) There are four colors of playing pieces; Green, yellow, red and blue. As we were setting up, Sydney asked me what color I wanted to be. Knowing his ABSOLUTE FAVORITE color is green, and wanting to see his reaction, I told him I wanted to be green. Without missing a beat, he responded, saying he was going to be blue. I watched his facial expression, and his reaction... He didn't pout, he didn't whine, he didn't cry, he didn't throw a tandrum. He took it all in stride. If he was disappointed, he didn't let it affect him. After a minute or so, I asked him if he wanted to be green instead. Boy, did he ever jump at that chance! His reaction time was so fast. He took me up on my offer in a heartbeat. I settled on the color blue. But, my ultimate color is irrelevant. I intended to give him green the whole time. But what I saw warmed my heart. I looked through a window, directly into Sydney's soul. He has such a gentle, caring, giving and selfless soul. I'll take the ugly-ist color in the world, everytime, if it means I get to see such wonderful traits in my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment