Sunday, September 18, 2016

Pinworms

Another educational experience of parenting... Da Wang household recently experienced pinworms.. We first heard about this from the pediatrician a few months ago. Didn't know if it was an urban myth, a scare tactic.. I can now most definitely say "Nope, it's real".

For those of you non-doctors out there, I'll give a layman's description of pinworms. They are tiny little white worms that craw around in your anus. There aren't a lot of obvious symptoms, except for itchy-butt. Now, I know this is very real, and not at all a myth... because, I saw actual worms, in a actual anus, with my own two eyes... Without naming names, let's just say one of Da Boys was complaining about butt-itchies, and recalling the conversation with the Dr., Mommy decided to check. Then, said Boy wanted to see for himself, so we spread his backside open and videoed the crawling worms...

Good news is that they sell over the counter medicines to combat this. We rushed out to buy the medication, (the whole family is supposed to take the meds). So, I swigged the entire dosage... and about 10 minutes later ran to the bathroom. I'm not sure how the medicine is supposed to work, but I have a good guess... My diarrhea came out with such force, nothing in its path could have clinged to the anus and survived. It was like a torrential mudslide. I suppose that's one way to get rid of pinworms...

I'll spare the viewers of this blog the video and the photos... Lucky you.

No comments:

Post a Comment