Sunday, February 17, 2013

You and Me, Little Man

Today, Casey and Mommy went to a birthday party. They had to leave the house in the middle of Sydney's nap time, and wouldn't return home until well after bed time. So, Sydney and I stayed behind. When he was finished with his nap, I went to his room. He greeted me with a soft, 'hi'... Instead of pulling him out of bed, I asked him to climb out. Sure enough, he climbed out all by himself. We read lots of books, he would choose a book, hand it to me, and sit in my lap. After that, it was dinner time. We went on a little adventure and went to a local hamburger joint. There is two kinds of seating in the place. Booths and high-top tables with bar stools. The only thing available upon arrival was the barstool configuration. So, I placed Sydney on a barstool, and 4-5 feet high! You can bet he felt like a big boy now! Problem was, he couldn't reach over the table, which rendered eating dinner impossible. I saw a young 'Mom' and her kid at a booth, and asked them if they could let us know when they were done... They did one better, and invited us to sit with them. Introductions were made, and the 'Mom' turned out to be an auntie, babysitting for the night. Her nephew was 5, and asked Sydney lots of questions. It was a nice, impromptu dinner arrangement.. As for food, I decided to forgo the kids menu, and ordered Sydney a hamburger, just like the one I ate. Little guy did pretty good, he ate ALMOST the whole thing, except for some of the bun.. Who knows, maybe he's on a low-carb diet... Yeah right, fat chance. Any kid of mine is guaranteed to LOVE carbs! We got home, drank some milk while watching some Thomas the Train on TV and got ready for bed. Thanks for hanging out with me tonight, little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment